1. ESP32 is a complete,small form factor(SFF)802.11 b/g/n/e/i(2.4GHz)WLAN plus BT4.2combo solution optimized for low-power,mobile consumer electronics,wearable and Internet of Things(IOT) devices.ESP32 integrates all WLAN and BT functionality in a single package to support a low cost,layout-friendly implementation while allowing flexibility for platform specific customization.
2. ESP32 is a highly integrated solution with less than 10 external components.
3. ESP32 integrates the transmit /receive RF functionality including the antenna switches,RF banal,power amplifier, low noise receive amplifier,filters,power management,and advanced calibration circuitries that allow the solution to dynamically adjust itself to adapt to external circuit inflections.
4. The entire solution reduces Printed Circuit Board (PCB) area,time-to-market,and bill-of-material(BOM)costs while adding capabilities and processing power.the mass production of ESP32 does not require expensive and specialized Wi-Fi test equipment.
5. ESP32’s ultra low power consumption radio architecture and proprietary power save technologies extend batter life in real-world applications,using the following features: a. Fine granularity clock-gating b. Multiple low-power modes c. Dynamic voltage scaling
For instance,in a low-power IoT sensor hub application scenario,ESP32 is woken up periodically and only when a specified condition is detected;low duty cycle is used to minimize the amount of energy that the chip expends.The output power of the power amplifier can also be adjusted,so that an optimal trade off between the communication range,data rate and power consumption is achieved.
802.11 b/g/n/e/I 802.11 n (2.4Ghz), up to 150Mbps 802.11 I security features: Per-authentication and TSN 802.11 e:Multiple queue management to fully utilize QoStraffic prioritization Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA)/WPA2 Wi-Fi Protected Setup(WPS) A- MPDU and A-MSDU aggregation Fragmentation and defragmentation SSL stacks with hardware accelerators Automatic beacon monitoring / scanning Infrastructure BSS Station mode/ Soft AP mode Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), P2P Discovery, P2P Group Owner mode and P2P Power Management UMA compliant and certified Antenna diversity and selection WMM power save U-APSD
CMOS single-chip fully-integrated radio and baseband Bluetooth Piconet and Scatter net Bluetooth 4.2(BR/EDR/BLE) Adaptive Frequency Hopping(AFH) SMP Class-1 ,class-2 and class-34 transmitter without external power amplifier +10 dBm transmitting power NZIF receiver with-90 dBm sensitivity Up-to 4 Mbps high speed UART HCI SDIO/SPI HCI Low power consumption Minimum external component
CPU and Memory
Xtensa®Dual-core32-bit LX6 microprocessors,up to 400 MIPS 128 KB ROM QSPI Flash/SRAM,up to 4x 16 MB Power supply: 2.5V to 3.6V 416 KB SRAM
Clocks and Timers
2 MHz to 40 MHz crystal oscillator Internal 8 MHz oscillator with calibration External 32kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration Internal RC oscillator with calibration Two timer groups including 3x64-bit timer and 1x watchdog in each group RTC timer with sub-second accuracy RTC watchdog
Advanced Peripheral Interfaces
12-bit SAR ADC up to 16 channels 2x10-bit DA converters 10x touch sensors Temperature sensor 4sSPI 2xI2S 2xI2C 2xUART 1 host(SD/eMMC/SDIO) 1 slave(SDIO/SPI) Ethernet MAC interface with dedicated DMA and IEEE 1588 support CAN 2.0 IR(TX/RX) Motor PWM LED PWM up to 16 channels
IEEE 802.11 standard security features all supported,including WFA,WPA/WPA2 and WAPI Secure boot Flash encrypt 1014-bit OTP,up to 768-bit for customers Crytographic hardware acceleration: AES 128/192/256 HASH(SHA-2)library RSA Random Number Generator
Generic low power - IOT sensor hub - IOT loggers Audio & Video - Internet music players - Audio headsets - Wi-Fi + Bluetooth audio streaming devices - Video Steaming from camera Wi-Fi + Bluetooth enabled - Over The Top (OTT) devices - Smart devices - Wi-Fi enabled - Loggers toys - Proximity sensing toys - Speech recognition devices Home automation - Smart plugs - Smart lightings Industrial automation - Industrial wireless control - Mesh network Security ID tags Sensor network - Wi-Fi location-aware devices - Wearable electronics - Baby monitors Health care - Proximity movement monitoring - Trigger devices - Temperature sensing loggers
Firmware and SDK for fast on-chip Programming Open source tool chains based on GCC