1. The surface of the dome consists of millions of pores that measure 0.2 to 0.5 micron in diameter, while most bacteria and inorganic compounds is 0.5 to 1.0 microns in size.
2. The ceramic filter dome sits in the top holding tank. When contaminated dirty tap water passes through the pores in the ceramic filter, it will trap dirt, debris, contaminants and most bacteria before the water passes to the "clean" side of the filter.
3. The Water Micro-Ceramic Filter dome made of highly compressed ceramic with diatomic properties.
4. The recommended maintenance of the ceramic filter is at least once a month, or as often as necessary, depending on the quality of water.
5. Over time, the trapped dirt and contaminants will begin to buildup, forming a layer of gunk on the surface of the ceramic filter.
6. Scrubbing the surface of the ceramic dome with a scouring pad or soft brush under cool running water will unclog the pores on ceramic and expose a new layer for use.
1 x Ceramic filter (other accessories are not included).